Following the success of the inaugural #catference on 1 May 2011, autumn #catference 2 is now in the planning stages for Saturday 17 September 2011.
This will be an online #catference, on Twitter using the #catference hashtag, and will run as a drop in format from noon – 9pm London time, culminating in a mass yowl. There is a list of timezones for the event here.
Please suggest sessions by leaving comments here, or by using the #catference hashtag on Twitter.
The #catference will begin with an opening song.
The programme so far looks like this:
- Advanced box skills workshop with @MrTibbsatAP
- Advanced shedding techniques with @greeboblackcat
- Voting on the motion to put forward a #wlf candidate at the next general election (proposed by @patlockley)
- Living with addict staff with @JazzmanCat
- Discussion on best way to acknowledge new members – investiture? Passing out parade? Something else? Facilitated by @wlfmadhatter who will report back to #catmittee
- Discussion of worldwide Dreamies distribution policy
- White paws. Ablution techniques shared. Led by tuxedos. Open to all
- Bed geography:techniques for ensuring a successful campaign of action at bed time with @Betsykitten5
- Coping techniques for when staff bring home new kittens led by @geordieboy6
- How close to the optimum Dreamies allocation level should the minimum Dreamies acceptance level be? Discussion.
- Should staff meet in real life? Open discussion led by @jazzmancat
For session ideas you might find the programme from the 1st #catference helpful. As with last time, sessions can only be confirmed by #catmittee.
Comrades might like to make placards too – see these examples from @JessieJaney and @cooperscats.