#wlf #relayrace 20 November, 6pm GMT more details…
10 November, 2011 6 Comments
There is a #wlf #relayrace scheduled for 6pm GMT on 20 November 2011.
The other 5 teams were in a dead heat for runner up places.
Concatulations to all organisers and competitors!
The race was arranged by @Mr_Pie and @JazzmanCat, based on an idea from Peachy.
Race catering was provided by @FrufruB.
Commentator: @villaninireland (@Ms_Pud is stand in if required)
How it worked
- 6 teams maximum
- No magic tricks or DRS systems are allowed
- Each team consists of 4 runners + up to 2 reserves and a cheerleader. Starting order can be changed until 5pm GMT on the day of the race
- There are 4 runners, 1st one sets off & passes a baton to the 2nd runner (who is waiting on the track), 2nd runner runs & passes baton to 3rd runner who runs with baton to the last runner
- Commentator @villaninireland will state CHANGE when baton exchanges are to take place
- To decide the winning team, the ref has chosen a secret word, which only he knows. The last 4 runners on the athletics track must try to guess this secret word. Hint: it will be race-related, e.g. ‘track’, ‘fast’, ‘won’ ‘trophy’ etc. The 1st to tweet the secret word wins. If the last 4 runners don’t manage to guess the word, other members of their team may also guess.The anipal tweeting the secret word wins the #wlf #relayrace for their team (speed/effort will also be taken into consideration)
- The Ref’s decision is final. No discussion will be entered into
- Rosettes will be awarded after the #relayrace is complete
More support for all teams is welcome.
The teams so far are:
- @JazzmanCat (Captain)
- @RumpyDog (reserve)
- @teatimeforme777 (Deany)
- @Mr_Pie (Captain)
- @deaf_lottie (reserve)
- @muser_sara (cheerleader)
- @I_Libby_The_Cat (Captain)
- @chelleloulou (reserve)
- @IAmSmittyKitty (cheerleader)
- @HeyToe (reserve)
- @frankxupp (reserve)
- Louie Kitten via @Geordieboy6 (reserve)
- Poppy Kitten via @Geordieboy6 (cheerleader)
#teamgecko – Gex’s Midnight Runners